Our website, the i-paidi.gr, supports parents, children and teachers who have to deal with a “lively”, “careless”, “aggressive”, “lazy” child. We act as a web between children with ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder), their families, the experts and the professionals who provide them with services. We give information through the site, facebook, LinkedIN and other websites that are linked to us.
We know that about 6-9% of children are born with ADHD and it is a long-lasting condition. The University of Harvard (2016) stated that up to 55% of children face ADHD as a secondary consequence.
For that reason, on Saturday 3 December 2016, there will be held a Day-Conference, in Greece, in Mitilini-Lesvos where well known experts with academic knowledge and experience on this disorder will talk about the diagnosis and management of ADHD to children.
They will talk about the following:
- What causes ADHD,
- What are its reasons,
- How we can see whether a child has ADHD,
- At what age,
- How ADHD is handled within the family,
- What strategies are adopted at school,
- What is the role of speech therapy,
- Why children have a transgressive behavior,
- What is the role of nutrition,
- What is the role of the Therapeutic Triangle,
- What is the importance of the psychological academic support.
What are the advantages of participating at i-paidi.gr.
During the talks all questions will be answered. The exchange of information and the experiential comments will provide more conclusions that will be beneficial to children with ADHD. The aim of i-paidi.gr, the District of the islands of the North Aegean and the Head of Primary Education is to help children with ADHD become happy adults.